What is a Doula and why would you want one?
What if you already have a partner who
plans to be actively involved in the birth process?
How do you find the right doula for you and your family?
Can you afford one?
$15 fee per pregnant mom
(partners are encouraged to join)
Join other new and expectant parents at Meet the Doulas to learn the answers to these and other questions about birth and postpartum doula services.
- Receive an overview of what doulas do
- Learn the benefits of doula services
- Understand how dads/partners and doulas work together
- Find support as a single parent
- Discover how to find the right doula for you
Doulas working in the Greater South Bay Area and Peninsula will be on hand to answer your questions, offer personalized referrals, and represent some of the wonderful variety of personalities, ages, backgrounds, and skills you can find in a birth or postpartum doula. Time is also provided for parents to meet individual doulas in brief "get acquainted" interviews.
Did you know that studies¹ show the benefits of working with a doula may include:
- shorter labor lengths
- reduction in requests for epidural
- decreased use of forceps or vacuum
- increased confidence in partner
- reduction in cesarean rates
- higher breastfeeding success rates
- more opportunity to spend time bonding with baby
- easier transition into parenthood
¹For summary study details, go here: www.dona.org/PDF/BDPositionPaper.pdf
Come find out if birth or postpartum doula support is for you.
** BABI (Bay Area Birth Information), Harmony Birth & Family, & South Bay Homebirth Collective offer Meet the Doulas as a community service and do not endorse or recommend any particular member. We encourage you to interview potential providers, check recommendations, and references before choosing any provider.